Monday, May 31, 2010

1. Buy a house... CHECK

This has been the absolute craziest few days of my entire life. We were called home from our one day vacation in N.C. because the sellers were refusing to extend our closing date. We closed in less than 24 hours of finding this out. We were out of state... we were 30 minutes late to the closing because we had been driving 7 straight hours on memorial day weekend and still could not get there in time. Does that sum it up enough?? We bought a house!!!!

There have been very few occasions in my life that I actually experienced pure euphoria. My wedding, our engagement. I'm pretty sure I've been euphoric almost this entire weekend. We drove out to OUR house Saturday early and sat on the back porch.. staring over the fields and trying to convince ourselves that the moment was real. We had waited for this for SO long. We had worked, without stopping, to reach this goal for the last 5 years. We stuck to what we knew and we made it. Woah, what a feeling. I'm in love all over again with my husband. I know this renovation is going to be incredibly stressful but I don't care. At the end of the day it's our house to stress over... and that's all we've ever really wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment