Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Actually Going To Happen

unless I get pregnant before then.. ugh. LOL!


Scratch that, we are actually going to go to Portugal. I made it totally official by creating a facebook event page for it and everything, haha. I put it out there in the universe and now I have to follow through. So the date is set, well not the exact date but I know it will be the end of May 2011. I know I want to be in Portugal for our 2 year wedding anniversary which is May 30th.

Al Jr. and Joann are going to Portugal this April. That's what really spawned this all again. Aaron and I have been talking about going to Portugal since we got together 6 years ago. That is all we have ever done, talk. We throw around the "one day we'll go" ALL THE TIME! Well then, out of no where.. AJ and Joann are going. Like, they're really going... they bought the tickets. We started thinking hard about this concept. Doing something.. instead of just talking about it? We thought hard about just going with them. It isn't going to work. We are going to try (again) to buy a house this May. They are going in April, you see our dilemma? But, there is no reason at all we can't plan our very own trip and actually make this happen, right? RIGHT!

So we're going. I have NO earthly idea what I am doing. I have a LOT to learn. There are a few things I know for sure I'd like to do.

First- We will need to stay with Uncle Joe for at least a day or two, otherwise he'd be deeply offended. Plus I love that jolly old man.

Second- I want to stay at the famous hotel in Lisbon. It's the one Samantha Brown stays at on her trip to Portugal. I think the hotel might be pricey so 1 night will suffice. But it's breathtakingly beautiful and I've always said if I got the chance to go, I'd stay there for a night. Aww.. here I've googled it. It's the Pestana Palace. Absolutely amazing.


Third- I want to possibly visit the Algarve. I found another good website that maps out Itineraries for you. I'm not sure how we will manage this trip. I mean there will be at least 6 of us. Probably more. We aren't all going to fit in one car and our luggage certainly won't! But I'm trying to stay positive here. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Here's that website.

http://www.visitportugal.com/Cultures/en-US/default.html

Fourth- Final request (for now), I want to go whale watching. I haven't found a good resource for this one yet. I know they have trips in the Azores you can take but I haven't found one off the coast of Portugal yet.

I'm excited. I really need to bust out the old Rosette Stone and get crackin on my Portuguese since we will most likely not have our translator (Al) with us for the trip.

Well, there are my ideas for now. Written down so that I cannot forget them :). Just think come June 2011 I will be blogging with all of our fabulous stories, adventures, pictures from the trip. CAN'T WAIT!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited for you - sounds like the trip of a lifetime...

    ReplyDelete