Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mountains and Bears and Hiking.. OH MY!

I survived! We went camping this weekend and here I am back in front of my computer mostly in one piece:). All joking aside, I really enjoyed myself. I mean I could have gone without descending one thousand feet down a mountain only to realize I had to climb back up those one thousand feet (yeah my legs are thanking me for that one). But hey, it was an experience.


The mountains were beautiful! There really is something magical about places like that. You come back feeling refreshed and mostly in touch.. with something (I'm not sure what, maybe yourself) that you were not so in touch with before.


The best part of the trip for me.. besides the usual comedic drunken night.. was when we were leaving! And no.. not because we were leaving.. but because we saw a bear! A real, live, not in a zoo, black bear! It was SO awesome. I wanted to see one the entire trip and here we are driving out of the park when I see him. He was just truckin' through the woods munching on bugs and such. We pulled over and jumped out of the car. We then proceeded to run (somewhat chase) him down the road taking pictures of him. I realize that sounds a bit absurd but if you had been there you wouldn't think so. He was amazing and had no intention of bothering us.. he really didn't even care that we were there. I keep calling him a "he" because it must have been a male. He was gigantic and just so powerful... I can only picture him as being a he. I'll put up some of the pictures we took but none of them do him a bit of justice. I don't care the pictures were more for proof that we actually saw him. I was there and that's all that matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment